Wednesday, December 07, 2011

My Hens are Squawking

I had another Ultrasound yesterday morning. I was very nervous about it. I was afraid my follicles would not have grown, and the Doctor would be talking about cancelling the cycle. So I went in to my appointment feeling very apprehensive about it. I instantly relaxed when the Doctor started spouting off sizes of my follicles. They went from 7-8mm to 10-11mm. I was just glad they finally started growing like they should. The Doctor even assured me that I should have plenty of extra embryos to freeze… which will be nice! So I left feeling good about things. I go back for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. I hope more good news continues to come my way. This next ultrasound they said they will better be able to know when the egg retrieval will be. It should be this weekend sometime… possibly Monday. So hopefully my body is continuing to cooperate, and I will be able to get the egg retrieval done and over with soon.

So now I better explain the random title of this post (which really pertains to this post). You know how people will use the phrase "my dogs are barking" when their feet ache? Well my new phrase "my hens are squawking" is going to be my little way of letting my husband know that my ovaries ache. I figure it's better to say that, then to gross everyone out around us by saying "my ovaries hurt". So that's my new phrase. But seriously, my ovaries do hurt. They are not happy right now and I really can't blame them. Usually each month there is one or two follicles per ovary that develop. Well in my case there is more like 20 follicles in each ovary so it's getting a bit crowded in there. So my ovaries pretty much feel like they are ready to explode! They don't constantly ache (yet), but are more just twinges of pain here and there. It's not really pain either… just a dull ache. If I bend wrong or sit weird they voice their displeasure loud and clear. They are starting to ache more and more, the bigger they get. They still have to get a bit bigger as well so it's going to get interesting in a few days. None-the-less… just another thing I am willing to put up with for the opportunity to have a baby.

All in all…. This whole IVF thing has been like a roller coaster ride. Some days are better than others. I am very tired of needles and my belly seems to be tired of it as well. I am all polka dotted and the shots are starting to hurt. Menopur is not my favorite injection. It burns like the dickens! I am also bruised on my arm where they keep drawing blood. But I am resigned. I am to the point where I am just going along with whatever… just as long as I get what I want out of it all. At this point I don't care what hell I have to go through…. I have resigned myself to it. So bring it on!

No comments: