Thursday, December 08, 2011

I am so over this IVF stuff. Make it stop!

So I am struggling today.  I am just tired of all the needles... the ultrasounds... and blood draws. My stomach looks horrible and every shot hurts. Especially the Menopur. It burns like crazy!  So it just sucks knowing that I would be having my egg retrieval on the 10th... had my body not decided to take it's time responding to the meds. Really I shouldn't complain. It is going to happen either Monday or Tuesday... so just a few days longer. Sadly in the world of IVF... a few days feels like an eternity!

So really my appointment today went well. My follicles are between 13-16mm now. My Estrodial levels are great. I go back on Saturday for yet more bloodwork and an ultrasound. They will decide from there if I will be doing my trigger shot Saturday night or Sunday night. Sadly we also have to order more meds... which means more needles. Oh and more money. So basically another $590.00 for just enough meds to get me through till Saturday. Sad stuff.

I am just counting down the days until this is all over with. My ovaries really are starting to ache a lot. I cant even imagine how bad they are going to feel in a couple days when they are even bigger than they are now. IVF honestly is not for the faint of heart. I really question if I am strong enough for it. I keep trying to tell myself to look at the bigger picture. I know it will all be worth it in the end. I just hope I make it to the end with my sanity intact.

1 comment:

Gull Family said...

Hang in there Missy you have help on the other side.