So I haven't been into blogging lately, as is clearly evident by the huge gab between now and my last entry. In fact I had kinda forgotten about my blog for awhile until I needed to go back and look at a past post as reference for something. Anyways, I was surprised to see that even though I am not doing any posts, I still have a steady stream of visitors to my blog. So maybe its time to do an update.
School is like a dementor. It seriously sucks your soul right out of you... ok more like sucks your time, but just sounded fun comparing it to a dementor. I have been loving school. It has been the best thing for me. I needed something to take my mind off all the infertility stuff, and it has really done that. So I have been working my butt off with school but remembering how much I really enjoy learning. Right now I am working on math which is rather frustrating, but still exhilarating when something finally clicks.
The downside to throwing all my free time into school is that I completely stopped worrying about my weight and what I ate. I will admit it was a nice break from stressing about weight but was a sad wake-up call when I stood on the scale and saw that my weight had snuck-up on me and I was dangerously close to being the heaviest I have ever been. So I decided I needed to at least try to eat healthier and do what I could to figure out the weight stuff. So I decided to get some lab work done and get my levels checked out which resulted in finding out that even thought I am not trying to get pregnant... the PCOS still needs to be treated or it could cause serious issues down the road.
So my blood test came back and my cholesterol was fine but triglycerides were high. Also they tested my insulin which is borderline high. So I always thought I understood PCOS but boy was I wrong. I just knew it was what cause me to not have normal periods or ovulate. Apparently it goes so much deeper. So my body doesn't react to insulin like it should. Therefore my pancreas (I am pretty sure that is the insulin producing organ, but I am not a doctor and therefore could be very wrong in this fact) is working overtime producing extra insulin. So if I do not treat PCOS, my pancreas could eventually wear out causing me to become a type II diabetic. So I had to make a choice... either face the potential of having to give myself shots down the road when I turn diabetic, or go back on the dreaded metformin. So metformin it is...
So this time it is a much lower dosage and extended release so it shouldn't be so hard on my stomach. Well I have been on it for about 3 days now and it is completely kicking my butt. That is actually the reason I wandered onto my blog was wanting to read about my symptoms from last year when I was on it for the IVF. So tonight we had pizza and a movie night. Well shortly after the pizza I got horribly sick. Infact I ended up in bed at 8 pm on a Saturday which honestly should be a crime. So two hours later I wake up feeling great and here I am on my blog. So I am reading an entry back in August 2011 that is appropriately titled Metformin (Glucophage) how I hate you! So I am reading through here kicking myself for not reading this sooner seeing as I say "
P.S. Sorry this entire post is highlighted. Blogger and I are not getting along at the moment so this is the best I am going to get on this post since I cant get the highlighting to go away.
Shows and Awards
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment