Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuacahn Car Show

This weekend they did a car show at Tuacahn (where I went to Highschool). I was very excited to find out they were doing a car show there. We headed to St George Friday afternoon in Mikes '65 Fastback. We didn't do much on Friday other than dinner with my Dad and then went to bed. Saturday morning we got up at 4:30 and did a 5 mile run then got showered and headed to the car show.

The show was a ton of fun. There were a bunch of people from the club there. It is always nice getting together with other car enthusiasts. It did get rather hot but altogether, it was fun. They had their Saturday Market going so it was neat wandering thru the different booths. Tuacahn Canyon is beautiful so it was just perfect for a car show.



After the show ended we had a few hours before the awards banquet was scheduled to start. So everyone decided they wanted to do a little cruise to fill the time. Mike and I ended up leading the pack. We took them through Gunlock and around to Pine Valley before heading back to Tuacahn just in time for the banquet. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy doing the little cruises.


After the Banquet we took a tour of a couple club members house. Very impressive houses. It ended up being very late by the time we got back to my dads house. It was nice to climb into the nice comfy bed. We were going to get up at 5 am to do another run but we were both way too tired. We did get up at 7 am though and I was able to make a couple meals that I divided into individual serving sizes and put in the freezer for my dad. I wanted to make sure he had some options for dinners.

Then we packed up and headed out. We stopped and had breakfast with Mikes parents in Cedar and then headed home. Mikes mom gave me a little figurine that says "A Mothers Love Lasts Forever". It brought tears to my eyes. Mothers day was really hard for me as well as the rest of my family. I honestly thing it was harder than the Holidays were. I survived it though. I was very grateful of Joyce for thinking of me and giving me the perfect gift.

All-in-all, it was a good weekend. Oh, I also registered for a Half marathon in Moab in October. I am nervous but determined I will do it. It will be fun because it will be me, Mike, Heather, Julia, and possibly Holly. I am excited to have a big group there. Lets hope I can be all trained and ready by then!

No comments: