Sunday, May 02, 2010

May Day Flowers

As you all know, yesterday was May Day. I have fond memories of being a little girl and my mom helping me celebrate May Day. I think I did this for a couple years, but I would go over and leave flowers on my best friends doorstep, ring the door bell and hide. She always knew it was me, but it was still fun. So in honor of May Day, I decided I needed to go leave flowers on my moms grave. I tried to find Lilacs since that was the type of flower I always used in my May Day festivities, but I was unable to find any. So I went with some pretty blue flowers instead.

When at the cemetery, I realized I had never posted the picture of her headstone. At least I don't think I did. So I took a picture of her headstone with the pretty blue flowers. I really like how the headstone turned out. I tried to brush off grass clippings but was unable to get them all, so disregard all the dirt and clippings. I decided I am going to invest in a small little broom to sweep it off every time I go to visit.

Anyways, I am glad I was able to somewhat keep up the tradition with her. So Happy May Day!

1 comment:

Gull Family said...

that headstone looks nice