Thursday, July 09, 2009

My Remote Control Boat

It has been awhile since I last blogged. Life has been rather crazy. We are actually getting ready to take a little trip up to Montana. I am very excited for that trip. Linda and I invested in some remote control boats we could play with in the creek up there. We both bought the same boat that has a working water cannon so we can spray each others boats. Anyways I wanted to customize mine. I have spent the last few nights working feverishly on this boat with a lot of help from Mike. Thank goodness he went thru a car model stage so he has all the tools and no-how which enabled my boat to go thru such a transformation.
So... here is the picture of it before. (I forgot to take a picture of it so I took a picture of the picture on the box)

Side note: Linda and I joked about taking to F off and adding an L and making it an FLDS boat. We figured we would have a bunch of figurines of women and children with one man :-)

Anyways.... this is what the finished product looks like:

A huge difference. I painted most of the red parts Blue, and got ride of the Fire Rescue stickers. I painted a little tinkerbell blue and made it so the water cannon comes over her head and sprays water. I named the boat Lady of the Creek. Kinda cheesy I know... but oh so fun. I also made little deck chairs and put a guy on one fishing off the side of the boat. I really had fun doing this. I always wanted to get a remote control item and completely personalize it. Can't wait to get up the North Fork and have the unveiling. Its going to be fun! P.S. Kari bought a submarine... so not only will my boat be attached by Linda and her water cannon... but I have to watch out for Kari doing under water attacks.

No comments: