Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

I am currently working on putting all of 2009 blog postings into a book so that Mike can order it for me as a Christmas Gift. I honestly had no idea it would be so hard! It's crazy to read through these entries that took place in the last year of my moms life.

I keep thinking to myself how I would have done things different if I only knew it would be the last little while with my mom. Especially my 2009 birthday spent in St George. My last birthday I got to spend with my mom. Mike had a very good point on it all. He said that I couldn't have made that St. George trip any better. If i had known it was the last time with my mom... I would have probably spent the whole trip worrying and stressing about it being the last time. It is so true! I read thru that entry, and remember back to how much fun that entire trip was. I couldn't have made it any better... even if I tried.

It just makes me so thankful for all the time that I had with my mom. I am so glad that I got to have all of these great experiences with her. I am so grateful for the time I had with her, and so thankful that I got to call her "mom". I honestly couldn't have had a better mother.

So as hard as it is to go thru all of these blog entries knowing what its all leading up to.... I can still look at it all and be grateful for all the memories. I am glad I kept such good track of things and wrote on my blog often that year. I regret that I haven't written on my blog as much this year, but I think last year really mattered. I never would have know last February that I was recording all the details of my last birthday with her. It has turned into such a cherished memory... I am glad I have it all recorded. And if I were ever given the chance to change the way I lived or spent the year of 2009... I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments: