Monday, November 29, 2010

An M&M Christmas

My family decided to do a tree for the Festival of Trees in honor of my mom. Of course we had to do an M&M tree since she loved M&M's. It was so perfect for her. We have been collecting things for it the last few months. We were able to buy some M&M candy tins to use as ornaments. I also bought some clear ornaments and stenciled an M on it and filled it with M&M's. We also bought some stuffed M&M's for it. Total this tree ended up being a little over $450... but it was so worth it.
Today was decorating day at South Town Expo Center. It was pretty crazy there and it took us most of the day... but we got it done. I think it turned out pretty well. I am interested to see if it sells and how much it sells for. I am glad we did it though. It is the perfect way to honor my mom. The picture I have isn't the best... but it works. So here it is... our masterpiece!
It's hard to tell, but there is a nutcracker on the top of the tree. The M&M on the chair is reading "The Night Before Christmas", and the green M&M is standing on a ladder putting an ornament on the tree. So yeah... there it is!

No comments: