Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Party

Before I get into the Halloween Party, I wanted to post pictures of our yard. I really like Halloween and love decorating the yard. I was a bit slow getting decorations out considering everything that has been going on lately. We did another cemetery this year. The front yard is perfect for a cemetery. Here it is:Last night we had a family Halloween Party. Linda and Dave had gone to St. George Friday nigh to pack up Shelley and the kids since they are moving into their basement. They ended up getting back Saturday night at like 7 pm. The Halloween party started at 6 pm... so they were a bit late but everyone else was as well.
I ended up going to Linda's house in the early afternoon so we could get things setup. We had a fun little ingredient search with different activities for the kids. It turned out good. We also had lots of Yummy food like Creamy Potato Soup, 7 layer Dip, Cheese ball, Cake and Cookies. The cake was for Jenny. We did a little birthday deal for her since here birthday was on Wednesday (I think).

It was rather chaotic. We had 17 kids there running around. It was fun to see every ones costumes. I went as a witch this year. I also had made a cow costume for Max and two witch costumes for Molly and Mimi. I think the party went pretty well. I ended up disassembling my whole cemetery scene in my front yard and hauling it to Linda's for one of the activities... but it was fun.
Anyways here are some pictures from the party. The group photo we took and text to my mom so she could see everyone in their costumes.


Lizzy went as a ghost. Mimi is a witch. She has a matching cape like Molly's.
I couldn't get a good picture of Max's cow costume. I was really proud of it though. I made it for Molly but it ended up being too small... so it ended up on Max.


We also took Saleen and Dallas. I didn't end up getting a picture of Dallas in his costume.

Today I spent most of the morning out raking the front yard. We always end up with so many leaves its crazy! As much as I hate raking... I still wouldn't give up the trees. I love having the trees that we do. It makes our house feel more secluded and shadier in the summer.
Update on my mom: she is doing really well. I guess her white blood count is finally normal. I am glad to know we are no longer dealing with an infection. It will be nice when she is fully healed. My grandma just got there today so that's good. I think it will help to have her there.





























No comments: